The trumpet of our talented and beloved trumpet player Abriel Ferreira (student at the Conservatorium of Amsterdam, due for her final exam in May) was stolen. As a musician, this is probably the worst thing that can happen to you.
That’s why the Amsterdam Funk Orchestra set up a crowdfunding campaign through our own Stichting Amsterdam Funk Orchestra.
€3.454,00!!! (goal: €3.000) before April 15th.
|Stichting Amsterdam Funk Orchestra||€500|
|Stichting Jazz aan de Waterweg||€20|
|M.M.E. van Esch||€10|
|Wolter van der Vlist||€25|
|F.M. Van der Veer||€10|
|E.P.C.M. Van de Vondervoort||€10|
|A. van Dellen||€5|
|Sybren van Doesum||€10|
|Ruben de Ruiter||€25|
|R. Campos Kosters||€20|
|J. in den Bosch||€5|
|L.J.C. de Groot||€10|
|Jacintha van Hesslingen||€50|
|T.W.E. van Ruitenbeek||€10|
|Arjan van Zuuk||€75,50|
|M.L. de Wit||€15|
|S.B. van der Pol||€20|
|N.J. Mensink-vd Heide||€20|
|Frank Xavier Mauceri & Madeleine Elizabeth Msall||€100|
What happens after you donated?
- A replacement instrument of Van Laar will be bought, ideally the same or at equal of quality
- We will keep you posted of the progress by e-mail and our social media channels
- If you indicated you want his, we will publish your name and amount on the website.
- If we raise more then €3.000, we will spend that money on a hardcase (€250).
- If we raise even more than that, we will close the campaign. Enough is enough.
- If the old instrument is retrieved before a new instrument is bought, you will get a full refund of your donation.
- If the old instrument is retrieved within 6 months after we bought the instrument (and is still in good condition), we will sell the newly bought instrument and refund your donation as a percentage of the selling price according to your percentage of the donation.
Stichting Amsterdam Funk Orchestra details
Stichting Amsterdam Funk Orchestra
Berend Boeijingastraat 9, 1025ML Amsterdam
IBAN: NL05 INGB 0006 6697 47
KvK nummer: 61690147
Matthijs Klinkert, voorzitter
06 51 03 14 86
This is what Abriel posted on Facebook after it happened:
STOLEN TRUMPET (Amsterdam Oost) ( Gestolen trompet / trompette perdue volée / gestohlene Trompete )
Hub Van Laar Model B9.2, Silver serial number 3946
Mouthpieces: Bob Reeves 43es and Vincent Bach 5c
Black with white speckles Tortajada case
Please share widely. This is worth thousands of euros, but is priceless emotionally. I’m a professional musician and music teacher and my entire livelihood depends on this. I have my final exam at Conservatory in 2 months, and it would mean everything in the world to me to have this trumpet back before then. A little over a year ago my house was broken in to and instruments were stolen and I’m only just recovering from that. Luckily my best trumpet (this one) was on my person at the time of break in, but now I don’t know what I’m going to do.
This event was entirely my own fault. While bringing in groceries there was a hole in one of the bags and things were falling out, so instead of parking my bike where I normally do in the rack I parked it right outside my door and took in the bag but not my trumpet. By the time I realised, someone had taken it off of my bike. This was caught on cameras from the local coffee shop, but frustratingly neither they nor the police will look at the images to help me, because the window of time is too long and they say they don’t have time/no priority. I’m still fighting this with the police.
Additionally the serial nummer is too short to show up in their database, meaning 2nd hand stores won’t find this in the system, so sharing this by word of mouth is literally my only hope!